Friday, December 11, 2009

Top ten

After this flight home, its obvious why Air NZ and Auckland Airport are top 10 in the world and Aerolineas and Ezeiza Airport are not even close!

  • Walking to gate and everyone gets lost at the same point. Signage anyone...?
  • Bitten by a mosquito

  • I get to passport control after waiting 20 mins and get told I have to fill out a form that I didn't know about... great, go to the back of the line...

  • Why's everyone so serious...?

  • Plane is delayed. Surprise. But no announcements about why plane is delayed. C+
  • Surprise security search after passing through the gate! What!? Who does searches there? Great. So everyone who emptied their bottles for blasé security #1, then filled them up, now has to gulp it all down again! And its such a thorough search, it takes 45 mins to get everyone on the plane! I just hope they are as thorough with the engines... since this must be the most isolated (virtually over Antarctica) flight in the world!

  • We're taking off – should our seats be upright? Tray tables stowed? Seat belts on? No...? Ok...

  • Old seats, average projector for movies, staff manner blah, need water? Go get it. C- Why do governments run airlines? Its a bad idea.

  • We're landing - “please stow your tray...” Boom – we just landed. B-
  • Smiling faces

  • Sounds of Tui

  • Maori art and sculpture

  • Free chocolate

  • Kiwi accents! Ah.... Like a hot shower after a hard tramp or a soft warm bed after enduring a storm. Everyone understands my English!

  • Special e-passport processing for Kiwis and Aussies. Oooh cool. It looks like something out of a scifi film. Scan your passport, take ticket, insert ticket into machine, look at machine, you're identified, off you go! Sweet as!
A-
  • People asking if I need help.Imagine that?!
A+
  • $10 for 1 hour of wifi?! Thats 30 pesos!! Lame. I've just come from the land of plentiful free wifi!

  • Saw more cultures in 10 mins than I have in 2 months!
  • Paid with plastic more times in 20 mins than I have in 2 months!

  • Bought deodorant using my phone!
A
  • Free drinking water. Whoa. What a novelty, and its right next to pricey bottled water... stoopid Kiwis!


3 comments:

Javier said...

It sounds to me you're trying to compare apples with oranges

Malcolm said...

Haha - yeap.
It wasn't objective analysis thats for sure! Just my dull, half-awake thoughts after 35 hours of traveling... I was going to write a disclaimer at the bottom about my mental state after leaving at 3am and traveling for 13 hours... but I was too tired!

Javier said...

Kia ora mate, no worries