Thursday, December 10, 2009

Moments of Iphone Love and Kindness (MILK)

A glimpse into a traveling geek's head...


Arrive at Iguazu falls and realise I forgot to put the 2gb memory card back in my phone. That means no video footage. Doh.
iPhone doesn't have, or need, removable memory.


Wander around my street in BA with large camera attracting too much attention.
iPhone would have been a little more discreet.


Londoner in Puerto Iguazu shows me a Spanish learning application on his iPhone. If he can't speak a phrase right he can pick one from the list and have the phone say it. It also has games to help learn vocab. Very handy!


I have too many cables and tech accessories.
iPhone would squash my ipod and phone into one, which would mean less stuff.

Processing video from my Nokia phone:
Take out memory card, put in adapter, insert adapter into computer, copy to Mac, convert each file from phone format to a compatible video format.
Waste lots of time organising media or use iPhone to sync everything across already in the right format...


Surprisingly, there are quite a few flash phones in the Paraguay interior, so an iPhone would actually not standout as much as I originally thought.


Maybe in a couple more generations the lense will be decent enough to sometimes substitute the massive DSLR... in fact these guys are substituting it now: 


Anyway, I'm not obsessed, what are you talking about!?

No comments: