Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On the road (and water) again...

I'm now in Nelson. Crossed the Cook Strait today. One ferry, hitched one combie van (with some young Kiwi guys and a German girl heading to a hippie festival), and one pickup truck (with an old codger born and raised in Motueka - North Island is foreign territory).


View of Lyall Bay heading out of Wellington

I arrived in Nelson just before the bus (which was following the combie van out of Picton). Not bad for free rides and some interesting people to talk to.


The Bluebridge heading to Wellington


The rocks near the passage from the Strait to Queen Charlotte Sound

I'll now be in the Nelson area for the next 3 weeks, plus or minus a few days. I'll be staying with the family and having a few more adventures with my house/flat mate Andre to add to our last two summers...

No comments: