Thursday, November 26, 2009

Venturing into the devil's belly

Well, not exactly. I took a bus to downtown Asuncion today. At 9am. I thought it'd be cool enough to handle a couple of hours of sight seeing. Wrong.

Point to note in this weather info is the "heat index", what it actually feels like.



If I'd stayed any longer, I'd have to buy a bottle of water at least every hour! On the positive side, it doesn't matter how much you drink... you never need the toilet!

Fortunately I'm heading to Jujuy, Argentina on Friday/Saturday and over there the heat index is lower than here.
Like today for instance, 38c... great.

Updated - BREAKING NEWS:
I just went for a drive to the terminal to buy an international bus ticket (thats a new term), and passed three digital temperature signs on the way...
42, 46, and 44 (the real temp not an index) - thats a record heat wave...
for me!

No comments: