Write off Day 4... the Yellow Fever vaccine I received in Auckland got the better of me. I woke up with a fever and a headache at 2am. ah.
Fortunately for me the vaccination was only about 5% of the live disease... Great eh? I paid money to have a live disease injected into me! Crazy. Anyway, the fever only lasted for 5 hours but the rest of the day was spent recuperating. Combine that with an annoying back/headache and a bit of jet lag and I haven't exactly been at the top of my game in this first week.
However, the vaccination is worth it in the long run. If I head to the far north and there's a breakout and I get infected (chances are fairly low) the death rate is between 20 and 50%!
Javi's madre came home in the evening and was worried about me, lying in the dark in the early evening... (well, I guessed that was what she was trying to say...). Ah. How do you explain yellow fever vaccination with limited mutual language...? Looking through phrase book – ah, yellow? Amarillo. Feibre. Vacudo? Some charades... Shot in arm? Headache. Tired. Eventually I show her the translation of vaccination in my phrase book. Then she understands. Yah. Its not until 2 hours later I discover Google Translate. Ah. La vacunación contra la fiebre amarilla. I have a feeling that website will come in handy again... If only I could carry it with me...
2 comments:
Google Translate....come now Malc, you must have that trusty Nokia and a WAP page or app for it surely?
Have no idea how data works here... il have to get my translator to call up Personal and get the low down. And without 3G... it'd take friggin ages to load (although saves my battery no end!)
Post a Comment